Liquidiator WS - if it is calcium could the device be useful to lower calcium levels?

I was thinking about getting a Liquidator, but I've not digested all the pros and cons from the discussions on this forum. However, living in an area where the fill water is extremely hard and has a great deal of calcium, I was wondering if the WS that precipitates out in the bottom of the Liquidator contains calcium might it not be helpful for those wanting to reduce the levels of calcium in the pool water.

My calcium level is approx 630 in a 25,000 gallon IG plaster pool.

If the Liquidator does indeed cause calcium in the pool to precipitate out into the bottom of the Liquidator tank then it might be a practical way to remove calcium from the pool.
Would there be any downside or a better alternative to reduce calcium?

The white stuff that precipitates out and fall to the bottom of the tank (White Stuff on bottom or WSB) is mostly sodium chloride a.k.a salt or NaCl. As ewkearnd points out, Hasa makes a specific claim for this in their patent. However they do make a statement in the Liquidators Instruction and Use Manual (LI&UM) that it also precipitates calcium
Liquidator Instruction and Use Manual said:
Softens and cleans the pool water by precipitating calcium scale and contaminants

Its when the white stuff starts getting stuck on stuff (white stuff stuck on stuff, or W3S), that problems arise. The LI&UM address this in the “Periodic Maintenance” section of the manual:
Liquidator Instruction and Use Manual said:
In areas with hard water, calcium scale may periodically build up on the float assemblies, particularly the “OUT” float. This could cause the float valves to not close off properly. It is important that you keep the pool pH in the lower end of the normal range (i.e., towards 7.2) as well as keeping the alkalinity below 100 ppm to help prevent scaling in the unit. Should this buildup occur, remove the floats from the tank and clean them in a diluted solution of
muriatic acid.

So I guess the down side on counting on the Liquidator to reduce high level of calciums is that you have a potential of calcium scaling.

In the Start up section, LI&UM states the following
Liquidator Instructions and Use Manual said:
BEFORE OPERATING THE LIQUIDATOR ® THE POOL WATER MUST BE BALANCED:
pH 7.2 to 7.6
Alkalinity 80 to 100 ppm
Stabilizer (also referred to as conditioner or cyanuric acid) 60 to 80 ppm maximum

For reference I do not get any significant W3S and my TA is 50 to 60 ppm with a ph of 7.6. I do enjoy low CH however at 100 to 140 ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.