I haven't splurged yet and bought a good kit, that is coming. I refilled our pool last week. I bought a cheap test strip kit that would read CYA and FC. To date, the test strips have read nothing more than a 2/4 no mater how much sanitizer I have added (8% Chlorox). I have also added the stabilizer at start up and I understand that it takes about a week to fully disolve, so I have been patient. We have temps of 100 daily and I know it is burning off quickly. I added 6 Cups of Chlorine yesterday late afternoon, even though poolmath told me that about 2 cups would get me up around a 4 or more. I expected to get a decent reading this morning. FC 0. My pH is 7.5, CYA 30-50, TA 80. Just to see, I decided to test using the reagents and my total chlorine is reading at least 5. The water hasn't been in the pool long enough for a build up of total chlorine and no FC. Are these test strips worthless? Is the reagent kit just not enough info? Am I just going to be flying blind until I order the good kit? Thanks!