Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ALF sleeper cells

1. Back To Top    #1

North Canton, OH

ALF sleeper cells

So I found a new place where the members of the Algae Liberation Force were training for an invasion. I have an in-wall ladder and corner stairs. Around the edges there is a rail that is screwed to them to hold the liner in place and seal around them. The rails have a little C channel that covers the screws. I thought to pull one of the covers off, and it turns out there were algae insurgents gathering and training behind all of them. So I took executive action and sent in the special cleaning forces to eliminate the threat.
    30,000 gal IG 20x40 8ft deep end vinyl liner in NE Ohio DOB Sept 2012
    Hayward 4820 DE filter, Hayward SP2610x15 1.5HP single speed pump
    Hayward H400FDN natural gas heater, Frog min'l/Cl2 system (not in use)
    autocover, Dolphin DX4 cleaner, well water, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: ALF sleeper cells

Did ya' go all tac nuke on them!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

There is always some last place where algae is hiding in a pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Too bad you didn't get a picture. I collect interesting shots like that for future reference.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!