Minor Green Spots

Jul 26, 2015
San Diego, CA
Over the last two years, I've had minor hard green spots in the spa which I simply scrubbed and then shocked. They typically return several months later. Now I'm starting to see some spots in the pool and also in the pool equipment, such as the hose in the pool (although appears to be softer). Overall the pool is always clear. I haven't had an algae bloom in years.

This is a salt water pool. I use Pool Perfect with PhosFree about every two weeks.

See pictures.

Suggestions how to get rid of this hard algae stuck to the sides and now in the equipment?

-- Mark

GOPR0242-1.jpgGOPR0249-1-1.jpg

Attachments

• GOPR0243-1.jpg
    GOPR0243-1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 44
Welcome to TFP!

Skip the pool perfect and phosphree. It isn't helping and wastes money.

Buy a good test kit, Pool School - Test Kits Compared and test your own water. I use the TF100 from TFTestkits.net

With algae in the pool you will need to Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain your pool to kill the algae once and for all.

After the SLAM, maintain your pool TFPC style and you will save time, money and have better water.

Some good reading here,
Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Thanks for the pointers, however, I've been thrilled with the Pool Perfect and Phosphree. It is relatively inexpensive and since using it I've never had any cloudy water or algae blooms. I usually keep my PH very consistent and phosphates register very low, however, the SWG did go off 2-3 days. The water is very clear. Granted I showing a few algae spits on the walls and hence the post. The green I'm showing represents far less that 1% of the pool surface area - it is in about 5 spots across the entire 20'x40' pool. I see the SLAM method being recommended for all conditions and most of those appear to be regular algae booms. I was wondering if there was something specific needed for this type of occurrence - is this green algae or black (looks green!)? maybe insufficient pump run time? Not scrubbing well to remove the few spots?

-- Mark

......... Thanks for the pointers, however, I've been thrilled with the Pool Perfect and Phosphree. It is relatively inexpensive and since using it I've never had any cloudy water or algae blooms..........
You are experiencing an algae bloom right now...... That hose didn't get like that overnight.

There is no acceptable level for algae, zero, nada. It's not OK to be "showing a few algae spits on the walls".

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.