Heater will only work once per day

Ok, so I was wrong...NOW there's closure...So, this past weekend I fired up the heater, empowered by the removal of the small suction leaks that were found, and was confident that I wouldn't have to apologize to our houseguests when the heater needed to fire up again...well, I was wrong. The heater failed to light after heating the spa the first time around. After playing with the heater and validating that sufficient flow was there, I cussed to myself and hung it up for the night.

Today, I decided to spend the day in between meetings and work stuff truly emulating the heater issue as we would during real use. I set the spa to recirc, turned on the heat, and even turned on the bubblers in the floor thinking they may have something to do with it...everything worked great...the heater cycled on and off as it hit the max temp, and held the temp for hours...what's going on here?

While sitting in the spa drinking a beer, wondering what is different at 10pm, it hit me...the timeclock in the control panel. I walked over to the panel, and I turned the clock toward 10, and when it crossed the point in the dial where the pumps should shut off (I have them currently on via override and usually do when having late night parties), the heater immediately shut off. I turned the dial back to the daytime, and it re-ignited. Holy Smokes!!! So someone must have mis-wired the darn heater to run off the timeclock and not be independent...then I looked at the tiny words below the overrides where it says "Heater will not operate on override, you must turn the timeclock on to operate heater."

I feel both accomplished and stupid at the same time, but felt that this simple solution might be the answer to someone else's frustration one day, so I better put it here.

There ya go---the leak was a contributing factor (and solved), but it was ultimately my lack of reading the panel in the daytime that lead to my frustration in the dark each time the heater shut down....UGH!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.