Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brown stains around the perimeter of pool base

1. Back To Top    #1

Brown stains around the perimeter of pool base

I have noticeable staining around the pool walls at the base of the pool and some on the floor of the pool. I added 2lbs + 8 oz. of OA for stain removal. Stains appear to have lightened but still noticeable. After using the OA, pool has no hardness. Should I add more OA to attemp to remove the staining before bringing the hardness back in line? I also used a sequestering agent after putting the OA in the water.
    Pool is approximately 24,000 gallons of water. The pool is a Gunite pool kidney shaped with an infinity edge.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brown stains around the perimeter of pool base

Hello and welcome to TFP! I noticed you hadn't received a reply yet, so I thought I'd cut & paste a few items I saw over time in case you haven't tried them yet. Maybe one of these will help.
    - Try using an orange, lemon, or lime rub an area with the cut half
    - Some people have had success with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser
    - Some stains can be removed with a chlorine tablet
    - Jacks Magic Blue Stuff or other metal sequestrant
    - Ascorbic Acid
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!