A Mow and a Dip

welcome to the dip after you mow club! Man, there is no better way to cool off after, or during yard work. Especially in hot places like Texas.
I usually take a dip just after the weedeating and right before the mowing. Then again after the mowing. I was in the pool several times today!

Indeed! After mowing the backyard in full sun and 88 degrees I was more than ready to dive in. Takes an hour to do the back with a 20" inch cut mower but at least it is self propelled. Thankfully my neighbor mows my front. He's got a 46" cut rider. This week I got a huge crockpot going of one of his favorites...kielbasa and sauerkraut. I wanna keep this guy happy!

Agreed. This time of year I mow, weed wack, edge, and blow once a week. I've got a Stihl Kombi system, one motor and a bunch of attachments that connect and disconnect quickly. Awesome setup. It is a ritual of mine to swim after doing all that work. What a great way to cool off. By the way, my first lawn job this year was in April during the green-up. Water was 68 degrees and I went swimming any way. Didn't stay in but about 10 minutes but it was a really quick cool off.

I've got another confession to make. I'm retired, and swim in the morning and in the evening every single day. Do laps each time too, to get some decent exercise. After I swim I feel cleaner that I've ever felt after taking a regular shower, and that evening swim is a real pick-up for me, leaving me fresh for the rest of the evening. I think I feel cleaner due to the chlorine. I'm completely disinfected I guess. Confession is that I've not had a regular shower since April. Will go back to that sometime in September. Won't be near as clean, but, there's always next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.