Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A Mow and a Dip

1. Back To Top    #1

A Mow and a Dip

Today I realized the bliss that is swimming after mowing the lawn. Or rather, skimming the grass out of the pool while in it. 😁
    16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A Mow and a Dip

I agree, while no grass gets in my pool, I sure do after cutting!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Yup before I mow the lawn I clean the pool so it is ready to be dived into!

4. Back To Top    #4

I just did that and it felt good.

5. Back To Top    #5

welcome to the dip after you mow club! Man, there is no better way to cool off after, or during yard work. Especially in hot places like Texas.
    I usually take a dip just after the weedeating and right before the mowing. Then again after the mowing. I was in the pool several times today!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

I have been push mowing my big yard this summer. It helps to relax the body and cool off! I have lost probably 10 pounds this summer. I do have a riding mower. Just haven't cranked it up this season.
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.

7. Back To Top    #7

Indeed! After mowing the backyard in full sun and 88 degrees I was more than ready to dive in. Takes an hour to do the back with a 20" inch cut mower but at least it is self propelled. Thankfully my neighbor mows my front. He's got a 46" cut rider. This week I got a huge crockpot going of one of his favorites...kielbasa and sauerkraut. I wanna keep this guy happy!
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

Agreed. This time of year I mow, weed wack, edge, and blow once a week. I've got a Stihl Kombi system, one motor and a bunch of attachments that connect and disconnect quickly. Awesome setup. It is a ritual of mine to swim after doing all that work. What a great way to cool off. By the way, my first lawn job this year was in April during the green-up. Water was 68 degrees and I went swimming any way. Didn't stay in but about 10 minutes but it was a really quick cool off.

I've got another confession to make. I'm retired, and swim in the morning and in the evening every single day. Do laps each time too, to get some decent exercise. After I swim I feel cleaner that I've ever felt after taking a regular shower, and that evening swim is a real pick-up for me, leaving me fresh for the rest of the evening. I think I feel cleaner due to the chlorine. I'm completely disinfected I guess. Confession is that I've not had a regular shower since April. Will go back to that sometime in September. Won't be near as clean, but, there's always next year.
    27,500 gallon in ground gunite/plaster (1995). Attached Spa with fountain, spillway, and 2 lion heads streaming into the pool. Hayward pump and AO Smith UST1152 1.5 hp motor (single speed). Hayward 60 sq ft DE Filter (Model DE-6000). Kreepy Krauly cleaner.

9. Back To Top    #9

Just got out myself after cooling down after pushing the mower across my dead weeds. That freak rain last week caused all sorts of strange things to grow all the sudden.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!