Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner

We bought one of the 15 foot summer escapes. The kids are all under 8 years old so figured this was a good starter pool. Anyway the question I have is i am not impressed with the current pump F1000c but I don't know where I can find ones I could buy that is a upgrade that fits this pool. Any help would be much appreciated.

072115152741.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time pool owner

Hi welcome to TFP! I don't believe there is a pump that will attach to your pool without some modifications. You would need to remove the old pump from the bottom of the skimmer and plumb in a new line into the new pump.

Here is a link to a thread where a member converted their Summer Escapes pump to an Intex pump.

The to converting your Summer Escapes pool to use a sand filter
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP. Good luck on your modifications. All of these pools are sold with useless pumps n filters.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Hi welcome to TFP! I don't believe there is a pump that will attach to your pool without some modifications. You would need to remove the old pump from the bottom of the skimmer and plumb in a new line into the new pump.

Here is a link to a thread where a member converted their Summer Escapes pump to an Intex pump.

The to converting your Summer Escapes pool to use a sand filter
    thanks will chk this out

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a 20ft round summer escapes pool and I upgraded to a sand filter/pump as the pump that came with pool sucked. What I did was leave the old pump in place and connected the hose to the inlet of new pump I then took another hose and connected to outlet of the valve on the top of sand filter. I did take out the propeller from the u used pump plus I had to buy 2 adapters that can use 1.5" hose that I had to use on pump and filter valve as the system only came with connections for 1 1/4" hoses . It's dark now but I can take pics tomorrow

6. Back To Top    #6

Now is the fun part anyone have any tips on how to put this pool away for the winter? I have a shed I can store it in but it is so big how do you fold it and do you put it in anything else? Any help much appreciated