Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy automation issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy automation issue

About 3 weeks ago my pool started to do some weird things like the spa starting up in the middle of the night or the pool heater coming on by itself and the strangest was the valves changing position and started pumping out the hot tub to the pool.

I did the obvious checked to make sure there was no program in for anything that happened, checked with the neighbors to make sure we are not sharing a frequency for the remote. I just fired up the remote and turned off what ever was going on except for the valve issue I turned on the service mode on the controller and did a spa fill to get the valves sequenced again.

The pool is 2.5 years old so of course no warranty left for automation but before I go to the expense of changing a mother board I am curious if anyone has gone through something similar with an easy fix.

Thanks Steve
    In ground concrete with pebble tech finish, with attached spa, Intelliflo Pentair VSD pump, iAqualink 2.0 Jandy control system, Pentair pool heater, Hayward salt chlorine generator and a Pentair 4000 series filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy automation issue

So you have a spa side remote that is mounted in the pool deck? If so, these can get water in the them and it will then turn things on and off. Also, if you do have one, you can disconnect the wire from it inside the controller on your house and then monitor the activity.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

There is no side remote,or I believe whats called spa mode button? Everything runs off the Jandy PDA.

Thanks
    In ground concrete with pebble tech finish, with attached spa, Intelliflo Pentair VSD pump, iAqualink 2.0 Jandy control system, Pentair pool heater, Hayward salt chlorine generator and a Pentair 4000 series filter

4. Back To Top    #4

its a black 6 pin or so connector on the aqualink board. i had mine connected and i'd wake up to my spa blower going at 2am. i disconnected it, and no issues any longer.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.