Getting started New Intex Pool

Huneyb

Jul 22, 2015
Batesville Arkansas
Thanks for the add. I have been reading for several days, getting my supplies together etc. The pool is up and full of water. No chemicals have been added. I have a 3way HTH test kit, plan to order the Taylor kit. My water shows high PH 8.2. We have had lots of rain.

Yes... I know filling it first was the wrong thing to do. Due to my fiancé's working 10 hour days and my needing help due to physical limitations, his being anxious to get water in, it's done.

Any suggestions for making the A-Frame ladder more sturdy, until we can get a better entry system would be appreciated. I am in rural Arkansas and pool supply options are very limited.

TIA... Mary

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Somebody recently posted something about using some bungee cords to stabilize their ladder.

Step 1, get a good test kit, Pool School - Test Kits Compared. I use the TF100 from TFTestkits.net

Step 2, read this, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Keep PH between 7.2 and 7.8 at all times using the Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals and Pool School - PoolMath

Add 30-40 ppm of CYA/stabilizer as instructed in Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals and using Pool School - PoolMath to calculate the dosage.

Maintain your chlorine level based on your CYA level and the Chlorine CYA Chart. Keep it at target at all times to keep your pool sanitized and algae free. Do not ever let FC drop below minimum or your pool will be unsanitary and algae will grow.

And :paddle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.