Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Drain covers the same color as pebbles?

1. Back To Top    #1

Drain covers the same color as pebbles?

Hi guys,

Just curious to see when your plaster/pebble was applied, did they also plaster/pebble your drain covers? My PB did and it looks nice when you look down on the pool floor, the drain covers blend in nicely.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Drain covers the same color as pebbles?

Nope. Nice touch.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I had a choice between black and white. I went black. Any pics of yours?
    10k gallon freeform, 3.5-5ft, Jandy 2 speed 1.5HP, Jandy 200sq/ft cartridge, Jandy watercolor LED, 600sq/ft Travertine Decking, 12x7 ledge w/bubbler and umbrella sleeve, 100ft of baby fence with self closing gate, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite w/ablalone shells, Build Start 5/27/15 and completed on 7/15/15.

4. Back To Top    #4

It was discussed on the front end, but the new code required a new drain style and it just wasn't feasible. Pics?
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

Here's what PB is installing on my new pool being built. The plasterer did these yesterday and they should be installed today after they acid wash.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

Our PB did the same things for the skimmer and autofill covers on the deck. I was expecting traditional plastic covers I had on my previous pool, but was pleasantly surprised to see the covers blend seamlessly into the decking.

8. Back To Top    #8

our main drain is a 2 foot diameter ring, so there was plenty of space in the middle to fill with the pebble. It's also totally flush with the floor so nothing sticks up.

But..it doesn't suck a whole lot. Anything with any weight just sits in the bottom of the collection ring.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir