Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saying Hi!

1. Back To Top    #1

Saying Hi!

I'm new in here, and new to pools as we just bought a house with a pool , yay!! My husband and I have never had a pool, so we are trying to figure things out.
    Anyone here from Canada? We have no clue where to go for pool chemicals.
    Thanks in advance!

SusieQ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Saying Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
    I'm new in here, and new to pools as we just bought a house with a pool , yay!! My husband and I have never had a pool, so we are trying to figure things out.
    Anyone here from Canada? We have no clue where to go for pool chemicals.
    Thanks in advance!

SusieQ

Welcome!

The grocery store is where to shop. Or a big box store like Walmart or Target or Lowes or Home Depot or the Canuckistani equivalents.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals will tell you what the cheaper equivalents of expensive pool store stuff are. The only oddball is the stabilizer aka CYA aka Cyanuric Acid, which will be in the pool aisle of the hardware stores or at a pool store. Canadian Tire will have it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi SusieQ
    Welcome to TFP!

You will need to educate yourself a little bit about how stuff in water plays together.
    The ABC's in Pool School is simple to understand and a great place to start.
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

There are recommended levels too, and here is a link to them.
    Pool School - Recommended Levels

And Pool Math is handy handy handy, Its easy enough to figure out. Use this to figure out how much of something to add to the water.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

enjoy
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Get yourself a Taylor K-2006 test kit and enjoy!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!