Ooops, just sped up my CYA reduction!

NeedMoreSun

LifeTime Supporter
We had a new hire/college recruit over last night, and with his first real job is looking for a house and very interested in how all the pool equipment works. Well, a little too much beer and messing with things wasn't a bright idea. We ended with a backwash. I DID remember to turn the pump back off, but I forgot to turn the filter back to "filter" :(

The pad itself is above the water level, but my waste line runs to the back of the property and below the waterline. It continued to just siphon and I woke up to find 6-7 inches of water missing. I almost had a stroke wondering if I HAD left the pump on before it hit me what happened.

Oh well, CYA will be a little lower!!! Now I only have to check on salt and borax levels and probably other levels. Good thing I made an order for some refills from tftestkits a couple days ago because I'm almost out of a couple and not going to spend $20 for a little bottle at local pool store.

Skippy did about the same earlier this summer when he pulled out our pool sweep (Pablo, the Polaris 165) while swimming and left it on the side of the pool. What he forgot to realize is that as soon as the timer popped on, water would flow through Pablo and in this case out of the pool. I woke up hours after the pump started to see water all over the pool deck and the pool down about 6". Heart failure!

Needless to say I can't let Skippy forget it ;)

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.