Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cover?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Cullman, AL

Pool Cover?

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I need advice on purchasing a good pool cover. I know closing is still a few months away, but I want to be prepared. This is our first pool (came with the house), and it did not come with a cover. Any recommendations?
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Cover?

I have a mesh safety cover that came with the pool when we bought the house last year. Pretty easy to put on and take off. Anchors into the concrete so I'm not worried about someone falling in during the winter. One thing I don't like is it lets some dirt and debri in the pool. Also pine needles blows up under it and gets into the pool. We have lots of pine trees around the edge of my property. Gonna try landscape timbers or 4x4's to stop that this year. Also, I don't have to pump water off of the cover like you would if you had a solid cover. Solid covers will probably keep your pool cleaner though. Hopefully somebody with a different cover will chime in. Hope this helps!
    18x36 IG, Vinyl, 20K Gal., Sand Filter, 1HP pool pump, 3/4HP slide pump, Taylor k-2006.