3 more questions; 1 about PSI, 1 about estimated gallons and 1 about taylor FC test

nyvram

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2015
Fairview, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First I finally got my pressure gauge in the mail (the one on the multiport was broken) and hooked it up..it immediately jumped to 24 psi (and the needle kind of wiggles at that position).

since i hadn't backwashed in a couple weeks i did a quick backwash and after done i was at 19 psi.

is that normal? keep in mind before this i was flying BLIND in this regard. i looked again several hours later and it was still holding steady at 19 psi.

--

Second also measured my pool today, it appears to be roughly 33' by 15'. given that the corners are angles and the maximum depth is 6 feet, how many gallons do you estimate are in my pool?

--

Third, I have dumped a couple 121oz containers of bleach into the pool while I'm waiting on the TF-100 to arrive and when I did a chlorine test later, the color matched the top of the tester (7-10 i think?) but about 30-40 seconds later it was showing in the 5 range..then about 30 seconds after that in the 2-4 range.

Do you have to read that test (the 5 drops of 001 and 5 drops of 002) immediately? or do you wait a few seconds and let the color fade?

thanks!

There is no normal pressure. Just whatever your pressure is after you clean the filter. Then clean it again when it rises 20-25%.

Toward the bottom of Poolmath is a pool volume calculator. If your average depth is 4' then your pool is 13,400 gallons, 4.5' then 15k gallons.

On the chlorine test they usually need to be read immediately. What test is it? The yellow FC and red PH? If yes, read immediately.

thanks! i just found the pool math estimater. i think that's going to be fairly close..roughly 13-15k gallons.

its actually a pink test; the lighter the shade the less FC. mine was definitely near the top..i think i'm approaching SLAM/shock levels (dumped in 2 121oz containers of bleach yesterday and today) but i wont know for sure what i'm doing until the test arrives.

The pink chlorine tests tend to fade out at higher chlorine levels ... so they are not very good at estimating the FC level. The yellow OTO chlorine test are a little better as they do not fade out, just change color at higher FC levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.