Adding a portable spa to an existing above ground pool system

New to the forum here but have already gained alot of knowledge from the site. A big thank you to those that support and ad their experience to the uneducated masses.... ( Like me )

So here's my crazy idea:

Add a portable ( dimension one ) spa to my existing 9' X 19' Above ground ( Secard ) pool.
The pool has a Clear Water 2 100cfm cartridge type filter system with a 1hp pump, Which does a good job on the 6000 gal above ground pool but, is only 110v.

The Spa is as stated a 350 Gal Dimension One Spa .

Other equipment I have on hand:

miniMax NT 400k pool Heater
Sta-Rite S7M120 300sq ft filtration area filter.
Jacuzzi ( AO Smith ) 2.0 hp pump
220v already Wired to pump area ( for the spa)

So the idea is to hook all of this up together, so as to make it :
A) Easier to heat spa in short amount of time
B) easier to maintain water chemistry.

I have attached a basic plumbing schematic below to give a general idea of what I am trying to do.

So here are my questions... (and I did search for similar projects on this forum so if I missed one that explains the ins and outs of doing this I apologize.)

Is this feasible? will the spa work ( be able to drain as fast as the jets fill it ) connected to the pool via plumbing versus a spillway?
Are there some obvious pitfalls I am over looking?

Should I just keep the Clear Water 110v system and ad a heater?

Hoping that this is doable and plan on sharing via pictures etc my progress.

Any constructive thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Roberts Spa Project.jpg
    Roberts Spa Project.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 76
Rednecky, I'm not likely qualified to comment on your scheme, but I just want to welcome you to the forum and give your post a boost in the hopes that someone more mechanically minded will see it ;)

I also have a few naive and possibly geography-related comments to share about your concept ;)

I have an inground pool and a nearby jacuzzi hot tub. I keep my pool between 88-90 in season, and my hot tub at 104, with a cover on at all times to retain the heat. I love the combo.

With your setup, is there actually an advantage to connecting the two? Once a hot tub is up to "heat" -- the way to keep it there is to keep the cover on it and let the circ pump, which runs it through the heater, do its job -- at least in my world ;)

This seems simper to me than connecting two systems that have different needs and different filtration demands. Bu maybe I'm all wet...;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.