Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filling pool, liner not flat against wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Filling pool, liner not flat against wall

We're finally filling our 27ft above ground, round (decided to make a new, specific thread instead of adding this to my build thread). It is hot out today, although the sun has gone behind some clouds. Around 80% of the pool, the vinyl liner is tight to the cove and hanging nicely tight to the wall. Around the final section, it's pulling in, and not tight to the wall at all (a few inches away). Will the water push this out? Should we be doing something to manually stretch it? CAN we do anything? There is about 2 inches of water in right now....only thing I can really think to do is siphon water out from my hottub (which is above the pool on a separate deck) and let the water fall over the expanded areas....helpful, or should I just wait this out because it is normal? Please tell me it's normal...
    27 foot round above ground pool, steel walls and resin uprights/top rails/foot covers.
    1.5 HP Hayward Turbo II pump, 24inch, 300# Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 200,000 BTU natural gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filling pool, liner not flat against wall

I know when they installed my liner they had a shop vac where jet is on vacumm to suck liner against wall do not let water get to high then shut off shop vac continue to fill pool

3. Back To Top    #3

We turned the shop vac back on, it seemed to help a lot! There is about 7 inches of water in the pool now, and the liner is only out about 2inches from the wall (a marked change from what it was). We've shut everything down now to wait for the sun, but we'll throw the shop vac back on again tomorrow! Thanks!
    27 foot round above ground pool, steel walls and resin uprights/top rails/foot covers.
    1.5 HP Hayward Turbo II pump, 24inch, 300# Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 200,000 BTU natural gas heater

4. Back To Top    #4

No need to shop vac anymore, that linger will stretch against the wall as you fill it! Enjoy your new pool

5. Back To Top    #5

That's good to know.....pool ol' vac sounds like it's about to die!