Plaster Selection - wet edge satin matrix vs finest finish radiant fusion

DFWguy

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2015
keller
We are about a week out from being ready for plaster. I have decided to go with a pebble product. I was originally planning on wet edge but have been exploring other products out there and would like your input.

I am specifically trying to compare wet edge satin matrix and the universal product radiant fusion. On paper, the radiant fusion appears to be a more attractive product because of the pebble size and the addition of glass beads. It is priced in line with satin matrix. My concern is that it may not be a superior product and it may wear faster, and ultimately not hold up as long.

I just watched the product video for Satin Matrix on the Wet Edge website and it was pretty impressive (although I'm easily persuaded by marketing!). It sounded good about them using pebbles that haven't been crushed and having a standardized application process that compacts the pebbles. I haven't had a chance to check out the description for the Radiant Fusion yet. But I don't know if I'd let glass beads persuade me over a superior pebble and application that Wet Edge seems to offer, especially if the cost is comparable. I'd be interested to hear what you conclude. I want a quality pebble, with a good application, for longevity and minimal roughness.

I'm afraid this may be one of those " go with your gut " decisions.

I have not gotten a price for prism matrix but I am certain is is over my budget. Radiant fusion and satin matrix are both right at the top

You can check my build out by searching "new build in South Texas". I had the fusion product installed a year ago and am very happy with the results

Radiant Fusion Series with Pebble Radiance™, is a blend of Micro Mini Pebble, enhanced with the radiant brilliance of iridescent, multi - hued, gem-like glass crystals and Abalone Shell. Radiant Fusion creates vibrant water hues while the ultra-smooth finish completes the look and feel of this new, modern pool finish!

• Natural tumbled stone, smoothed and sized to perfection.
• Colors are highest quality to eliminate fading.
• Adds brilliant light and color to the finish.
• Pozzolan modifiers increase strength and durability.
• Peace of mind provided by comprehensive warranty.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/martinkennedy1/MARTIN/Pictures/pool/DSCF0685_zps9c27444f.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/martinkennedy1/MARTIN/Pictures/pool/DSCF0688_zpsc68f6283.jpg

ALL PICTURES ARE BEFORE ACID START UP

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/martinkennedy1/MARTIN/Pictures/pool/DSCF0679_zps63b12cfc.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DFWguy,

It matched the samples I was shown. It really is a smoother pebble. There were no streaks or other issues. The abalone shells do sparkle. Like anything else, the application has to be done correctly. I am not trying to convince you one way or the other, it has to be a decision your comfortable with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.