Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster Selection - wet edge satin matrix vs finest finish radiant fusion

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster Selection - wet edge satin matrix vs finest finish radiant fusion

We are about a week out from being ready for plaster. I have decided to go with a pebble product. I was originally planning on wet edge but have been exploring other products out there and would like your input.

I am specifically trying to compare wet edge satin matrix and the universal product radiant fusion. On paper, the radiant fusion appears to be a more attractive product because of the pebble size and the addition of glass beads. It is priced in line with satin matrix. My concern is that it may not be a superior product and it may wear faster, and ultimately not hold up as long.
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plaster Selection - wet edge satin matrix vs finest finish radiant fusion

I just watched the product video for Satin Matrix on the Wet Edge website and it was pretty impressive (although I'm easily persuaded by marketing!). It sounded good about them using pebbles that haven't been crushed and having a standardized application process that compacts the pebbles. I haven't had a chance to check out the description for the Radiant Fusion yet. But I don't know if I'd let glass beads persuade me over a superior pebble and application that Wet Edge seems to offer, especially if the cost is comparable. I'd be interested to hear what you conclude. I want a quality pebble, with a good application, for longevity and minimal roughness.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

You would always do the Prism Matrix line from Wet Edge. Or add abalone shells to the satin matrix line. That way you get the bling and the quality
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

4. Back To Top    #4

You might check with your installer of the radiant fusion to see if his guys use the same install methods as Wet Edge If so, that would negate one seeming advantage of the Wet Edge.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm afraid this may be one of those " go with your gut " decisions.

I have not gotten a price for prism matrix but I am certain is is over my budget. Radiant fusion and satin matrix are both right at the top
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Prism Matrix was over my budget too so I'm doing Satin Matrix but adding abalone shells for $130. Will add the sparkle but not break the bank.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by amandahein3 View Post
    Prism Matrix was over my budget too so I'm doing Satin Matrix but adding abalone shells for $130. Will add the sparkle but not break the bank.
    Great to know...thanks!

8. Back To Top    #8

How do you choose a Wet Edge installer? I assume the ones on their website are all trained and certified to install it? Is there still some price variations between installers?

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    How do you choose a Wet Edge installer? I assume the ones on their website are all trained and certified to install it? Is there still some price variations between installers?
    Yes there is

10. Back To Top    #10

You can check my build out by searching "new build in South Texas". I had the fusion product installed a year ago and am very happy with the results

Radiant Fusion Series with Pebble Radiance™, is a blend of Micro Mini Pebble, enhanced with the radiant brilliance of iridescent, multi - hued, gem-like glass crystals and Abalone Shell. Radiant Fusion creates vibrant water hues while the ultra-smooth finish completes the look and feel of this new, modern pool finish!

• Natural tumbled stone, smoothed and sized to perfection.
    • Colors are highest quality to eliminate fading.
    • Adds brilliant light and color to the finish.
    • Pozzolan modifiers increase strength and durability.
    • Peace of mind provided by comprehensive warranty.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps9c27444f.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...psc68f6283.jpg

ALL PICTURES ARE BEFORE ACID START UP

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps63b12cfc.jpg

11. Back To Top    #11

I have spent some time reading about your build. Was the color exactly what you had in mind? Anything at all you are unhappy with?

12. Back To Top    #12

DFWguy,

It matched the samples I was shown. It really is a smoother pebble. There were no streaks or other issues. The abalone shells do sparkle. Like anything else, the application has to be done correctly. I am not trying to convince you one way or the other, it has to be a decision your comfortable with.