New pool owner cloudy water 1 week old

Yes, you are correct about the CC if it did not change color.

How is your water clarity? Is it crystal clear to the bottom? Remember that is part of completing the slam.

We gotta figure out how to adjust that return more! Is there a thread on it?

No the water is still cloudy. So if my reading is at shock level that means I don't have to add anymore bleach for the day I can just get the FC reading as soon as the sun goes down right?

To perform the overnight FC loss test:
  1. If you have an SWG, tablet chlorinator, or other chlorine feeder, shut it off completely.
  2. After the sun goes down, and at least 30 minutes after your last chemical addition of the day, test your water for FC using the FAS-DPD test.
  3. Record that result. Do not put any more chlorine in your pool.
  4. The next morning, as early as practical and definitely before there is any direct sunlight on the pool, perform the FAS-DPD FC test again and record the results.

Screenshot at Jul 31 19-44-47.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I did look at the pic, but it's hard to tell the clarity with your solid liner from just the picture.

Thanks for posting the equipment pictures. Maybe we can jury-rig something. Is the return portion inside the pool one piece or can you unscrew it?

Oh my. You edited while I was responding! You do need to take a final reading after sundown. I would be prepared to hit it again just in case you drop below 31ppm. Remember to retest at least a half hour AFTER your last addition (if you have to make one).

If your water is still pretty cloudy, tonight may not be the night.... But if you're up early anyway, doing the OCLT won't hurt. I don't mean to sound discouraging, but I don't want your hopes dashed either. Good luck!

If you are an early riser, (know you have kids so it's highly likely!!!), go ahead with the OCLT. It's no different at this point than doing a normal test.

I am a very late riser during the summer, so thank goodness no need for an OCLT for me...!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.