New pool owner cloudy water 1 week old

Sorry I can't see the picture. If you were correct in typing 2005 then; Oh no!! Those aren't even the same type of test kit. No wonder there has been confusion!!
No worries thou I ordered the fas/DpD test kid got it on Amazon $18.00

- - - Updated - - -

Ok here's my readings for today (Taylor k-2005 test kit)

CH 200
FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 120
CYA 40
Salt 3250
Cloudy water

Now I need to raise my CYA to 70 and lower my PH to atlas 7.2 the get ready to the cloudiness suggestions please?
So far I added 25oz of stabilizer (Omega) as per calculator

Where did you order the kit from? The TF-100 is only sold at 2 places and I know tftestkits.net does not sell the K2005. Wondering if you got scammed or something. There is a significant price difference in those kits.

Arg. Just saw your thread.

Did you add the stabilizer in a sock? If so, you should take it out and put in a bucket or something. With cloudy water, you need to slam and increasing your CYA is counterproductive. Do you know what a slam is?

If you ordered the FAS-DPD kit (1515) , you actually will have the equivalent of a K-2006. No worries.

Wow that is a new level of pool store fail. Not uncommon for them to tell people the K2005 is the same as the FAS-DPD K2006, but I am surprised they even know what the TF-100 is. Well, clearly they don't.

Arg. Just saw your thread.

Did you add the stabilizer in a sock? If so, you should take it out and put in a bucket or something. With cloudy water, you need to slam and increasing your CYA is counterproductive. Do you know what a slam is?

If you ordered the FAS-DPD kit (1515) , you actually will have the equivalent of a K-2006. No worries.
Yes I ordered the FAS-DPD Kit and yes I'm taking my ph to 7.4 to commence SLAM.

You guys gonna laugh at this I was just talking to the lady at the local pool store I told her what I was doing and the reason why I wanted the TF-100 kit specifically. She said I should never shock a salt water pool the SWG does it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 1. My FAS-DPD chlorine kit just arrived it's time to get my FC level...

My FC is 34.5 using the 10ML mark. multiple by .5 at 69 drops color turned clear
my cya was 80 so my shock FC is 31ppm is that a good thing I'm at 34.5ppm. No more bleach for today

One of my concern here is after adding the powder I got a reddish pink color the test said it should turn pink not reddish pink

It looks like it could go down and out more. I did notice the difference between the two pics. It looks in the second pic that the water is coming out perpendicular to the wall and that it is kinda shallow. Maybe it's an illusion. Btw, your SWG is off and stabilizer sock out, right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.