Heat Recovery Pump in Vita Duet

Jul 24, 2015
Essex, ON
Does anyone have any actual operating experience with the heat recovery pump used in the Vita Duet and other low-end spas (in place of an actual heating element)? I have never run into this before.

I am helping a friend restore an eight year old Duet and very curious as to what to expect from this system in terms of rise (degrees per hour) once we get it running again. And what happens if/when the tub reaches 104. Does the pump refuse to operate altogether until the temperature drops again?

Very little on the web about this pump and its workings.

Mr Emerson I presume,

:rockon:

Your 1997 Vita Spa Duet should achieve around 5 degrees(ish) per hour rise. When the water reaches the preset temp (100F is the factory setting) the pump will turn off. You may then override this by simply pushing the on/off button. It has a hard shutdown at 118F. If this happens, you'll need to push the red button on top of the sensor control box to reset it.

Of course I don't know what you're refurbishing, so your mileage may vary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.