Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pic Request: LED Bulb in Amerlite

1. Back To Top    #1

Pic Request: LED Bulb in Amerlite

I'm going to be taking on my Amerlite very soon (about to order a new lens, trim ring, gasket, and other small parts), and have been seriously considering switching to LED. I haven't yet decided whether I want to go with something color-changing or a cool white LED replacement bulb. The options I've found so far are the J&J G3 (or 3G?) color-changing bulb or the Pentair LED retrofit bulb.

Has anyone got pics of one of these LED retrofits in their "old style" pool light? Or suggestions about other products (retrofits only, please -- don't want to spend $400+ on a whole new light) that may work better?

Thanks in advance, folks!
    25,000 gallon freeform gunnite/plaster, built in the 1970s/80s; Sta-Rite 9463004 575-lb. sand filter; Sta-Rite DuraGlas/Max-E-Glas (P2RA5F-125L) single-speed 1.5 HP pump, manufactured 12/1993 (1M93M).
    Helpful links: TFTestKits; Pool School; ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry; Chlorine/CYA Chart; PoolMath; SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pic Request: LED Bulb in Amerlite

Well I hope to be able to provide you with a pic of my new LED Amerlite in a week or so once it's installed - if that is of any use to you. My SAM light bought the farm after 10 years so I'm going to replace it with a 12 volt LED from Pentair ($500 ish).

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pic Request: LED Bulb in Amerlite

Quote Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
    (retrofits only, please -- don't want to spend $400+ on a whole new light)
    Ugh, maybe I should read your post before I respond.

Good luck!