Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I Also Have the TFP Sparkle!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

I Also Have the TFP Sparkle!!!

Two weeks ago my pool looked like lemon lime flavored Gatorade after a brush down. I had not made the critical connection between higher CL requirements with high CYA (which I have high CYA at the moment)....I was still under the impression that 1-3 PPM FC maintenance was OK with 80 CYA. My shock levels were no where near sufficient.

Had a rough time with pool last year too. Now I know why!

After SLAM started 11 days ago, I followed the process to the letter and pool is awesome and never looked better. See the pix....
    Yes, I bought the TF-100 kit and use it a lot.

We are replacing the tile soon, what's in there now is a rookie hack-job repair with failing original I'll get the CYA down after new tile drain-refill. Till then I will bite the bullet with the amount of CL needed....but not an issue for 2-3 more weeks.

And I went down to the local pool store today just to see how close my TF-100 readings matched theirs for their "computer print-out" (which is nice)...and it was very close to my numbers.
    I felt like the cat with the canary when they offered to sell me Tri-Chlor and I said...."no thanks".
    Great sense of empowerment.

Also, I found 1-gallon jugs of bleach for $1.69 at Giant grocery store in Prince Frederick MD. I'm sure it's not 8.25%...but the next one down in concentration (5% i think?). Wal-Mart has the 121 oz of $8.25% for $3.97 (as others have reported).

Everyone....Please support this website.FullSizeRender1.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: I Also Have the TFP Sparkle!!!

Very nice Mark! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your crystal clear pool and weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    La Porte, TX

Your pool looks great! Good on you! I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when you refused the chemicals from the PS.
    It does make you feel good when you know the so called pros have no clue of the relationship between CYA and FC and you do. Love it!
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Mark, you could always ask the Pool Store if they sell liquid chlorine. It might be of higher concentration so you take that into consideration.
    Some do, and perhaps the price is good. I'm shocked at the price of bleach in your local Giant....but then again I remember Giant well and know they're pricy.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

5. Back To Top    #5

Amazing transition for only two weeks!
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Pacific NW

Beautiful water!

I too have noticed an increase in bleach prices locally.

Clorox is always the most but it's now nearing $ 5 a gallon!!

I can still get generic 8.25% for $ 2.88 (cheapest found but fresh strength) at fred meyer.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Longview, Texas

Man that's a good lookin swimming pool with some clear sparkly water.

Perfect reason to get your self a new pair of sunglasses. Congrats
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Lexington Park MD

Nice and clear it's time to enjoy it
    6280 Gal Intex 17' x 52" Metal Frame AG
    2500 GPH Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal clear SWG
    Taylor K-2005 With FAS-DPD Drop TEST KIT And Speedstir
    Intex Robot Pool Cleaner

9. Back To Top    #9

Katy, TX

Now that's a pretty pool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    15k gal IG plaster w/ water feature; 600 gal spa w/ spillway; Pentair VS+SVRS Pump; Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter; Pentair MiniMax NT Heater; Rainbow Lifegard 320 In-Line Feeder (no idea what this does or how it works); Polaris 3900 Sport Cleaner (constantly on its side); Compool Lx3800 Control System; TFT-100 test kit.