Automation of SWG using a Redox testing probe

Hi, I have a big pool in Germay using a Zodiac Clearwater LM-3 SWG which works fine. I have more problems with too high chlorine-levels that too low ones, even on the lowest level of operation.
Therefore, I would like to automize the operation of the SWG usind a redox testing probe that activates the SWG only if chlorine-levels fall under a certain level. Does anyone know a system that can do this?
Jan

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, you can use an ORP sensor to control the SWG. The correct kind of controller tends to get expensive. Some of the available options include the AutoPilot Total Control system, Hayward ProLogic Sense and Dispense, and the CAT 2000 PH/ORP Controller. The CAT has the advantage that it can work with your existing SWG, while the other two include a SWG as part of the package. However, the CAT tends to be more expensive to start with.

I noticed that you have an automatic pool cover. Do you keep the pool covered all the time? What FC level are you shooting for and what is your CYA level? I suspect the problem in your setup is the pool cover ( or the fact that you don't uncover the pool and allow it to gas off.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.