We have the TFPC Sparkle!

geez, some people. doesn't matter if it was a new pool each year, the change in methods to treat the pool is the reason its crystal clear. could have put up a new pool this year and treated it the same as last year and it would have been cloudy again. great job OP in taking care of your pool, it looks GREAT!!

It says right in his/her signature they went from one pool to the other. If they hadn't switched methods, pool #2 probably would have looked like #1.

Congratulations on your pool skills, water looks great!

My pool looked like the first set of pics for the last 3 summers.

Switched to TFP and found out lots of cool things -- like the fact that my main drain was made by Hayward (I can read the Hayward logo on the main drain from the deck, 8.5 feet down). I was honestly concerned the first time I saw my pool sparkle. I'd just finished my SLAM and called my wife outside -- "Jeez, what's the problem now? It's never looked this way. I must have really screwed something up." :eek:

does anyone else find themselves being very judgmental when looking at pictures of friend's pools? I see people post pictures on facebook, etc and I always am looking at their pool water and shaking my head saying..."look at that non-TFP crystal clear pool...and they are spending a ton of money to make it look that bad"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can tell you that I never swim at hotels but I made a point to just go look at the pool so I could smh. And we went to a pool party at another neighborhood and my kid is spoiled as he was saying the water was cloudy compared to ours.

Definitely no deception intended! Thanks to those noticing it in our signature. DaninFLA is right- if we had done what we did last year, our new pool's water would look the same as last year's water. The new pool was most of the impetus to finally go TFPC. We've been lurking for two years and for some reason it all just seemed too overwhelming, when I already pass by 2-3 pool stores every day. Thus we ended up with too many chemicals and shock, and I had no clue about the effect of accumulating CYA because I apparently didn't read enough when lurking and didn't think about CYA being in all that shock. TFPC has actually turned out to be surprisingly simple once properly digested.

I've told several local people about TFP lately and one of the things I've been saying is that it's so amazing- these people don't care if you have a wooden box lined with a tarp or an indoor/outdoor in-ground with adjoined hot tub and weeping wall, they are just plain happy to help you get your water perfectly clear, and without you ever going to the pool store.

We are definitely extremely happy with the new Radiant pool, and also extremely happy for TFP. I was thanking you all for the sparkle, not the new pool. :)

Still looks great, too!

PS- My hubby signed up for the account, but I'm the wifey.

Thank you for the kind words! We are all a little obsessed! We don't care what the pool is constructed out of, if it holds water and you want to play in it, its a pool! We will do all we can to help you learn how to master that pool and keep it clean.

does anyone else find themselves being very judgmental when looking at pictures of friend's pools? I see people post pictures on facebook, etc and I always am looking at their pool water and shaking my head saying..."look at that non-TFP crystal clear pool...and they are spending a ton of money to make it look that bad"

Not so much in pictures, but definitely in person and at hotels. We went to a water park last week and I was surprised at how my perception of the park's water changed from last year. It's part blessing, part curse. There's no putting that genie back in the bottle, though. I'm ruined!

Right, I understand that. I was just wondering if that's a whole new setup. I'm more curious than anything. water does look great though.

Thanks. Definitely a whole new setup. We went with a Radiant Metric, mostly because we get so much frost heaving in the winter and it's warrantied for that and can have just a section replaced if needed. We also are very picky about water temp and live in NH. I know most temp lost is surface evaporation, but we have noticed that the Radiant both gains and loses temperature much more slowly than the Intex did, so the insulated sides do seem to have an effect. Once we have the solar hooked up to it, hopefully the effect will play in our favor much more. We love the new setup. Hoping to do a deck next year. The crystal clear water is the icing on the cake. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.