Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have the TFPC Sparkle!

1. Back To Top    #1

We have the TFPC Sparkle!

I am so happy! Just look at the difference between last year and this year. This year has been far cheaper and easier and no constant stops to the pool store. I mostly understand the basics of my water chemistry and I feel like I know what to do and certainly where to come if I don't. Just made my donation for Lifetime since this has easily saved us over $30 already. Thank you TFPers!

Here are a couple of shots from last year, and then this year underneath. Can you believe what we used to consider swimmable water? Never again! We've got the sparkle and there is no going back!!!

1-1-Julia_pool_throw.jpg

2-2-Tim_pool_throw.jpg

5-sparkle2.jpg

6-sparkle1.jpg

7-sparkle3.jpg
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: We have the TFPC Sparkle!

LOOK AT THAT DIFFERENCE! *goosebumps*

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Those pics are AWESOME! Thanks for the good feedback. Enjoy.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Twin post count, Pat. Now I have +1 on you. :P
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Bwaahaaa!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow. Just wow. You can't even see dad's legs in the first pics from last year. What an improvement!!

Good Job!!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Glad I'm not the only one who gets emotional over sparkling pools. (I'm not, am I?)
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

you're going to need to SLAM and backwash to get rid of that dead shark.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

9. Back To Top    #9

Awesome!! I became a lifetime member even before my first post as i'm a pool newbie and started of with the same sparkle from day one due to the brilliant advice and knowledge sharing on this forum! TFP YAY!
    Chris - Annika's papa

9x18 Intex ultra AGP 4500 gallon, 3200gph intex 1hp pump with 16" sandfilter, abs hardpiped, hayward skimmer, Intex SWG, 11kw heater, LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who gets emotional over sparkling pools. (I'm not, am I?)
    Nope, you are certainly not the only one!
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

11. Back To Top    #11

I first started reading, but skipped to the first picture and was thinking...oh man, that pool isn't clear...lol,. then I saw the follow ups. very nice!
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

12. Back To Top    #12

As soon as I saw these pictures, I got that little smile and that knowing feeling. I'm not very experienced here, but I am still amazed at the amount of people who feel "My pool looks great, couldn't be better", when in actuality it looks like the first 2 pics. And it's simply because they don't know what " sparkling clear " is supposed to look like. Amazing difference, that's beautiful looking water!!
    12k in ground, 14x28 sports pool, concrete/plaster/diamond brite, uncovered
    Waterway 1.5hp pump, waterway 150sqft cartridge filter, auto chlorinator, on city water, Zodiac MX8

13. Back To Top    #13

Soooo good to see!!! I'm currently struggling, but just became a member & I KNOW there's hope! 😁

14. Back To Top    #14

Wow! What a difference. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    you're going to need to SLAM and backwash to get rid of that dead shark.
    Either a SLAM and backwash or a short wait for SHARKNADO-4 to swing by and scoop him up.
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks for letting me show off the difference, everyone! I knew you'd understand. I'll get right on top of that shark situation. Sharknado might just end up dropping him in one of your pools and that just wouldn't be fair. Now if you all could fix up the weather in the northeast for me, things would be perfect!

- - - Updated - - -

We went to Water Country (huge water park) on Tuesday. Lately I've been wondering, with awe, how they keep their water sparkling and clear on such a massive level. Tuesday was my first visit there since embracing TFPC, and to my surprise (and horror), what I always thought was clear and sparkling on a massive level, just isn't. They could use some TFPC. To be fair, they closed 3 rides for the day due to bad water tests and I've never seen that before, but even what was open just didn't look like what I now know is good water. You've turned me into a water snob!
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

16. Back To Top    #16

Once you experience for your self whats attainable and also saving you money, ya just can't go back

I get compliments about the water clarity every time I have new guests over.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

17. Back To Top    #17

night and day difference. Very nice work.

welcome to the pool snob club!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    Once you experience for your self whats attainable and also saving you money, ya just can't go back

I get compliments about the water clarity every time I have new guests over.
    This is so true. When we bought our house, the pool looked like everyone else's. Perfectly fine. Of course we had no idea we were on the verge of an algae bloom because of high CYA, and neither did the previous owners. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's got the TFPS!

15k gal IG plaster w/ water feature; 600 gal spa w/ spillway; Pentair VS+SVRS Pump; Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter; Pentair MiniMax NT Heater; Rainbow Lifegard 320 In-Line Feeder (no idea what this does or how it works); Polaris 3900 Sport Cleaner (constantly on its side); Compool Lx3800 Control System; TFT-100 test kit.

19. Back To Top    #19

Apples and oranges. Those are two different pools.

No, that's not a compliment.
    23,000 gallons IG gunite, pebble (I think)
    Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward sand filter
    Mineral Springs SWCG (it's actually Hayward/Goldline), Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15
    Polaris pool cleaner (with booster pump)
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test, Lamotte Borate test strips

20. Back To Top    #20

Those Definitely are two different pools. Did you replace the whole pool? at first I thought it was just the liner but the handle/gap things at the top are gone too.
    44K Gallon In Ground, 4ft shallow 9ft Deep. 2 Skimmers, dual Main Drain in Deep end. Jandy Del60 DE filter, Pool heater, 3hp Pump, TF 100 Test Kit, Well Water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast