Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP PoolMath vs poolcalculator.com

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP PoolMath vs poolcalculator.com

I've been using the TFP PoolMath on this sight. Yesterday I stumbled upon poolcalculator.com, which appears to be the same calculator. Except with the same raw numbers plugged in, PoolMath is telling me my shock level is 31, while poolcalculator.com calculates 21. Pretty big difference for what seems to be the same calculator. Anyone else noticed this? Which is correct? I'm doing a SLAM and want to make sure I'm at the proper FC level.
    30k gal IG vinyl
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP PoolMath vs poolcalculator.com

My understanding is that they both started off the same, but that pool math has been updated and kept current, whereas poolcalculator.com has not. Always use the pool math site.

3. Back To Top    #3

poolcalculator is not currently being supported or updated. Use the Pool Math link here on TFP.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, thanks (for making me use more chlorine). Guess I should have lowered my CYA first as was recommended.
    30k gal IG vinyl
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, but you can still do that.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Make sure that in PoolMath at the bottom "Suggested Goal Levels" section you set the "Use suggested goal levels from:" to TroubleFreePool.com
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"