Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to grout travertine coping?

1. Back To Top    #1

Allen, TX

How to grout travertine coping?

I finished installing travertine coping on my Radiant pool last month and it is time now to do the grouting part, after a month long vacation. If you guys could give me some info on materials, techniques and tools used to do it, I would appreciate it.
    10K gallons, IG vinyl free form Radiant Pool, 1HP SuperFlo 2 speed pump, 175 sqft Hayward C17502 plus cartridge filter, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System CS8110 Model 54601EG, Jandy Pro Series Underwater Nicheless LED. 1 skimmer, 1 suction outlet, 3 returns, The Pool Cleaner. Pool installation in progress as of 09/24/2014.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: How to grout travertine coping?

I can't give you much advice but do wish you well! Maybe someone can help.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Sugar Land , TX

Re: How to grout travertine coping?

Are you talking about the deck? I just had it installed in mine and they just cut it " tight" and did not grout. For the most part ( 99%) you can't tell. The PB said it would be easier to remove if they ever had to do a pipe repair.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8