Question about Fiberglass pools. Actual Depth?

Jul 21, 2015
Saint Joseph
I am considering a fiberglass pool. Having trouble finding the design I want. I am interested in a pool for water volleyball. I have smallish children who would want to play. Ideally, something around 40' long and as wide as possible. 3.5' deep on each end, gradually sloping to 4.5' deep in the middle. The "hyperion" by Trilogy pools is the closest thing I can find. It says it is 5'4" in the middle. That would be too deep for most adults people to play at the net. Water level would be at the nose for many people. Over the head of most children. I'"m wondering if 5'4" is the actual depth of the water? Or is there going to be 6" or so from the top of the water to the top of the pool. Even 6" more shallow would make this pool more doable.

Hyperion.jpg

It is not uncommon to find a small difference between the schematic/plans as advertised versus what you actually have once filled. The placement of the skimmer for example will also dictate the water height. My pool is supposed to be 7' at the deep end, but is probably more like 6' 8' or so. Actually, I probably should check this evening. :) Pics are below in signature (My pool). Ours is 16x40. We play volleyball from the shallow to middle before it drops-off to the deep end. Room for about 4-6 players on each side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.