Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator

I am new to this type system and am having problems with my generator. I have replaced my cell, as it had tested bad, and am still not able to generate chlorine. The Check Salt and Inspect Cell lights come on after a couple minutes after I turn the system to auto. I have had my pool chemistry checked and all comes out well, just no chlorine generated. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my control panel. I have read things about some board repairs and have no problem doing it, just need to know anyone's opinion on what they think the problem may be.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator

What is the salt level in the pool? Have you tried holding the button next to the display down for 10 sec to do a reset? What are the diagnostic readings on the control panel? Is the Power light on the panel on?
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Will get back with you on this.

4. Back To Top    #4

The salt level is 2700. The power light is on. The readings onteh display are as follows:
    34c
    80P
    AL - 3
    r 1.33

It is a 25,000 Gal pool, The salt cell is new.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Is it a T-15 cell?

I notice you have your readings set to metric, is there a reason? It's a it hard to translate the readings. Also, it would help us if you put you full location and full description of pool and equipment in the signature line. See mine for an example.

Also, do,you have an automation system that controls the SWG?
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I added my signature block
    Lumberton, TX
    25,000 Blue Gunite pool/spa, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Hayward Pump and booster Pump, Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pentair Minimax NT Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Are you able to get the "GENERATING" LED to come on at all? One way to try to force it is to set the switch to superchlorinate.

2700 is at the low end of the salt reading so you may just need more salt. Do you have a salt test kit or are you relying on the Aquarite for the 2700 reading?
    53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi, I had the exact same challenge! I did get a lot of help on this forum and made a quick tutorial on how to fix it: Tutorial - How to repair Hayward Aqua Rite - YouTube

9. Back To Top    #9

Just to give an update, my system is fully functional now. I know that my salt content was within spec, but it still didn't like it for some reason, I guess because it was on the low end. After threatening my pool with another bag of salt, it decided to work. This is a great site. Keep it up.
    Lumberton, TX
    25,000 Blue Gunite pool/spa, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Hayward Pump and booster Pump, Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pentair Minimax NT Heater

10. Back To Top    #10

Its a good idea as a self check to test the salt level. But remember it's what the generator is happy with. Glad you got it going.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).