No Bubbles in hot tub when air blower is on

Jul 24, 2015
Bossier City. LA
Moved in to house with In Ground pool and over flow hot tub ...Oasis pools designed and built.
The Heater has never worked on the hot tub...but the blower works... the bubbles worked intermittently....the last 2 years.
So far this year they haven't come on at all. I didn't know if I could snake the jet lines on the hot tub....or what options I have. I was going to try a few things I read today Such as drain the hot tub and run blower with all but one jet blocked at a time. I've even attaching a yard blower that has more air flow than the pool air blower...no bubbles from that either. Had to get service done on the motherboard and salt water chlorine generator repairman said that sometimes the contractors crimped the lines or got cement in the lines... I find that odd since the pool is already 5 or 6 years old. Well I 'm going to try the fix I read on this site tonight or this weekend...draining and blocking the all the jets except one and rotating around until all have been done. Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly Appreciated....

I assume he attached the leaf blower to where the blower output connects and it had no bubbles so the lines might be blocked. I don't know much about them but there must be some kind of check valve in the system to stop water coming back into the blower while it's off. Could that be jammed shut?

Just want to share my experience in case anyone else has the same problem. I have a Polaris 1-470-02 blower and for some reason stopped getting bubbles out of the hot tub when it would turn on. Blower would run for a minute or two then shut down due to overheating protection. No bubbles at all. I tried draining the hot tub, blowing the air pipe out, etc. Finally decided to look in the blower itself and noticed there is a plastic strap holding the motor down inside the body of the blower that had broken. This allowed the motor to pop up when turned on (nothing to hold it in place against the backpressure of the water that is present in the air pipe when it comes on).

Went to Lowes and got some of that perforated galvanized pipe hanger tape and straped motor down again now it works fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.