New pool owner...understanding pump and filter (Hayward power-flo matrix pump)

Jul 21, 2015
Sewaren nj
I just had an above ground 21 foot round pool installed. Does anyone have the Hayward power-flo matrix pump and xtreme filter? The instructions say to turn the filter knob counter clockwise before turning on the pump then clockwise after pump is on and water is flowing. Are you able to run it on a timer? If so can you recommend a timer? Also, my chlorine tablets say to put in floating chlorinator or directly into skimmer but on the skimmer it says not to add chemicals in to skimmer only into pool. Can I put the tablets directly into pool? Or do I need a floating chlorinattor? Thanks you can tell I'm new at this.

Can't help you with the filter questions, but get rid of your tablets and adopt the Trouble Free Pool Care Method (Pool School - What is TFPC?). When I became the owner of a pool 2 years ago I did not and have paid for it significantly. I just adopted it this year and already feel like I have better control over my pool and hope my cost of care will go down without trekking to the pool store to buy chemicals other than muriatic acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.