Leak in new spa after first fill

SuzfromTexas

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 7, 2015
Houston, Texas
I just finished filling my brand new pool. I've been checking the water level and went to turn off the water. The spa was filled last evening about 6:30. Now at about 3:30, the water in the spa is down about 3 inches.

A man from the pool builder company is coming out this morning to start the pumps. I'll tell him, but I'm hoping someone will be up this early to put my mind at ease.

Is it probably a simple thing like someone forgot to shut off a drain or valve or something?

Thanks,
Suz.

Chops: Thank you - that makes a lot of sense. Surprisingly, I'm not concerned about it, but curious.

I was puzzled by it wondering if I shut the water off too soon. But I was way too careful that the water was above the tiles but wouldn't spill over. My son saw it when he came home - he would have said something.

Suz,.

Mine did that all the time when I left the valves in the spillover position. I always assumed it was because the spa was higher than the pool and pumps and water was draining back through the pump into the pool. When my valves wheres set to pool or spa it didnt happen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.