Jun 13, 2014
TX
I have the pool listed in my sig. The air ring around the top has a leak. It leaks just enough that if I don't fill it up once in the am and again in the pm, the pool will collapse in the night. I have tried spraying the whole ring with Windex to find the leak and I have soaped it all up with a rag and dish soap but can't find the leak. I hired a buddy to try to find it and he failed twice!

Two times now I have forgotten to refill the tube with air and found my pool half collapsed. I have had to fill it back up and get the chemicals back in order the way they are supposed to be. This is a pain.

I hope someone has a better way to find leaks in these types of pools and shares that with me. Until then I also wish I could just fill the tube with something buoyant that will harden so I don't have to worry about the leak. Another idea was something to fill the ring with smoke or dyed air so I can see the leak. The last idea was to attach a few well placed buoyancy devices like buoys every x amount of feet to keep the ring afloat.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Get a roll of saran wrap.

Cut a piece about 1 1/2 feet long and dip it in the water, and then slide it onto the air ring. Continue doing this all around the pool. Any air leaks will appear instantly under the saran wrap.

hope this helps

I've had several Easy Sets in the past, but once I tried a metal frame, I'll never go back. Get an Ultra Frame if you can.

I have inflated several tires with the expanding foam. I don't know if it would work but if you are going to chuck the whole pool maybe try it. IF the inflation tube is similar to a regular bike valve it might work. I took the special thing from a bottle of "Tire Goo" it's also called Green Slime. You need the valve stem remover. Remove the valve stem form the pool inflation thing. Once the little pin is removed you can introduce the extra expanding foam into the top inflated collar. The expanding foam ( You must use gloves and wear old clothes-foam gets every where) loves water so you could add some water to the collar before adding foam.. You need a tube like the one that comes with the green slime. I think you will need help pushing the expanding foam chemical all the way around the collar. The foam I used inflated the tire and expanded and then hardened. I know it works on tires I need to be hard, like the wagon, the wheelbarrow. I don't know if the weight of the foam would be too much.

You could try adding the green slime for tires. It's supposed to seal up holes in tires but finding small leaks but you would have to smoosh it around the whole circle.

Great answers. I had tried and re-tried the spraying of soapy water on it and never detected anything. I tried to listen real close all the way around inside and out and found nothing. I overfilled it and got in with goggles and searched the entire underwater portion of the ring and there were no bubbles. I love the saran wrap idea and will try it next. I also heard the stethoscope works well but I don't have one. I'll get one if the Saran wrap fails me. Thanks again for the ideas and the links.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.