Balancing the levels

If your FC is above the minimum and below SLAM level for your CYA and you can see the bottom of the pool, then generally yes. If pH is way off it can be unpleasant but probably not unsafe.

Well, according to the test strip:

TA: between 180-240
FC: 1
pH: 7.2
CYA: 0

I entered these numbers into the calculator on this site and things got very confusing. The container of CYA says to add about 4 lbs., but the calculator said to add 6 lbs. The calculator also said 0 for TA, because of the pH level. ??? I dunno what to do. So we started by adding about 4 lbs. of CYA to the skimmer, and we'll check it tomorrow and see what it says. The water is pretty clear, but I have noticed that it is starting to look slightly cloudy, which is what prompted me to check it. The pool is new this year, and we have only ever put the salt in it, nothing else.

No, I do not have the TF-100 test kit. It all looks very confusing to me. I need simple.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.