Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward CC10092S leaking around Lock Ring

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward CC10092S leaking around Lock Ring

Hey folks, I've owned a Hayward CC10092S for the last two years - couldn't get the top open but finally did last week. That's great news because I could change the filter but bad news because now, after trying to screw the top back on, I'm getting a major leak around the lock ring.

I cleaned out everything, added some lubricant to the threads, but I'm still getting the leak. Are there any seals inside that I should be aware of? Not finding any documentation about this on the Hayward site.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Hayward CC10092S leaking around Lock Ring

Check the body o-ring to see if it's seating properly. A very light coating of teflon-based lubricant can help keep and restore flexibility to the seal. Inspect it for cracking and if you find any, replace.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons