Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Our new pool and deck!

1. Back To Top    #1

Our new pool and deck!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone here, I have done a pretty good job of maintaining our pool! You've made it manageable and successful! Thanks ever so much! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go forward, but so far, so good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Above ground 27' round, 17,000 gal., 52" high; vinyl liner; TropiCal 96,000BTU Heat pump; Integrity A Frame Ladder; Solar Blanket, Aqua Cover by PolyAir Corp, thermotex clear, 5 yr. warranty, cartridge filter., Clear Bay Cartridge CBA2-10043 (two to switch out when cleaning); New pool as of 6/1/15.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Our new pool and deck!

That is simply very beautiful, Kathe. Nice work!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Gorgeous! Did you install that incredible deck yourselves? How lucky you are to have that view and backyard.
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow! Nice pool! And nice view!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

very nice and love the deck!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you! We designed the deck, but had someone else build it for us.

- - - Updated - - -

We decided against the "reel" for the solar blanket. It's just too heavy for me to handle. I just hop in the pool and push it to the side of the pool where I bungie cord it to the edge of the pool in about 5 places. So easy. We'll see how long the blanket survives. I may try the liquid blanket when this one gives out.
    Above ground 27' round, 17,000 gal., 52" high; vinyl liner; TropiCal 96,000BTU Heat pump; Integrity A Frame Ladder; Solar Blanket, Aqua Cover by PolyAir Corp, thermotex clear, 5 yr. warranty, cartridge filter., Clear Bay Cartridge CBA2-10043 (two to switch out when cleaning); New pool as of 6/1/15.

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice biew from inside the house! I love it! I can't even see my pool from any window in my house and I hate that!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I could just imagine sitting in the house with a cold one looking out that window when all of a sudden a buck or moose come along to take a dip. Have those cameras ready!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Very nice. Put lights on the stairs and it will look even better!!
    24' Round AGP

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi Kathe, did you just screw your ladder to the deck in the second pic? I have the same one and am just finishing my new deck nd wondering what the best way to attach is.
    thanks