Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Our new pool and deck!

1. Back To Top    #1

Our new pool and deck!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone here, I have done a pretty good job of maintaining our pool! You've made it manageable and successful! Thanks ever so much! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go forward, but so far, so good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Above ground 27' round, 17,000 gal., 52" high; vinyl liner; TropiCal 96,000BTU Heat pump; Integrity A Frame Ladder; Solar Blanket, Aqua Cover by PolyAir Corp, thermotex clear, 5 yr. warranty, cartridge filter., Clear Bay Cartridge CBA2-10043 (two to switch out when cleaning); New pool as of 6/1/15.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Our new pool and deck!

That is simply very beautiful, Kathe. Nice work!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Gorgeous! Did you install that incredible deck yourselves? How lucky you are to have that view and backyard.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow! Nice pool! And nice view!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

very nice and love the deck!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you! We designed the deck, but had someone else build it for us.

- - - Updated - - -

We decided against the "reel" for the solar blanket. It's just too heavy for me to handle. I just hop in the pool and push it to the side of the pool where I bungie cord it to the edge of the pool in about 5 places. So easy. We'll see how long the blanket survives. I may try the liquid blanket when this one gives out.
    Above ground 27' round, 17,000 gal., 52" high; vinyl liner; TropiCal 96,000BTU Heat pump; Integrity A Frame Ladder; Solar Blanket, Aqua Cover by PolyAir Corp, thermotex clear, 5 yr. warranty, cartridge filter., Clear Bay Cartridge CBA2-10043 (two to switch out when cleaning); New pool as of 6/1/15.

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice biew from inside the house! I love it! I can't even see my pool from any window in my house and I hate that!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I could just imagine sitting in the house with a cold one looking out that window when all of a sudden a buck or moose come along to take a dip. Have those cameras ready!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Very nice. Put lights on the stairs and it will look even better!!
    24' Round AGP

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi Kathe, did you just screw your ladder to the deck in the second pic? I have the same one and am just finishing my new deck nd wondering what the best way to attach is.
    thanks