Controlling three water features seperately with two 3-way power actuators

I am wondering if anyone has done the following, and if so what 3-way valves they used. I need a t shape flow where one direction would would be full open and feed the inlet and both sides, a turn to the left would feed an inlet and the left side outlet, a turn to the right would feed the inlet and the outlet to the right. 180% would shut the valve off from the inlet. On the three way actuator the off position would actually be both outlets (opposite off). This would be mated to a dedicated feature pump so when it is off no water features would be engaged. I want to connect an easytouch to two such valves with actuators with the following configuration:

valve one:

position one inlet plus left (fountain)
position two inlet plus right (outlet to valve two)
position three both outlets (easytouch would think this is off but it is the opposite full open setting)

valve two

position one inlet from one plus left (bubbler)
position two inlet from one plus right (laminars)
position three inlet plus both outlets (if both are in this position all features would operate).

I think this would let me operate any single feature or combination of features. Has anyone done this or know if it would work? anyone know where to get valves that work this way? -Thanks

The electric actuators that I have seen only have two positions. There really is no off position, they are either at one end of travel or the other. The EasyTouch simply supplies power to drive the actuator until it hits a limit switch. It will sit there forever until you apply power to the other input wire which drives it back until it hits the other limit switch. In my mind, three way valves driven by actuators, are really just two way valves. But, I've been wrong many times before, so I'll be interested in what others have to say.

Jim R.

yeah, I have 3 actuators. Hayward GVA. There is only position1 and position 2, though you can set those positions anywhere depending on how much you want the valve to travel.

I have:w water feature branch that splits once (A to shear, B to all other features). Then branch B splits again (C to pots, D to bubbler).

Valve 1: routes all post-filter water to either the returns, or "the water features". this is right after the filter.
Valve 2: either allows water to the Shear, or blocks water to the sheer.
Valve 3: either allows water to the bubbler, or doesn't.

So I can get: all 4 features running, just the shear and pots, or just the pots and bubbler. I have a drawing here somewhere..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.