System psi?

Wade C

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Tampa, FL
Greetings all,

Spent the last week replacing this and that on the pool and just received a new psi gauge to replace the old one - cracked and unreadable - on my Hayward Star Clear Plus C900 cartridge filter. After replacing the gauge, I restarted the pump, bled out the air, checked for leaks, and then let it run for about 10 minutes before returning to check the psi...which was read a whopping 2.5psi.

Prior to replacing the gauge, I swapped the cartridge filter for a brand new one. That said, I am thinking I should be seeing something between 10-25psi, but I thought I would run it by the forum in case my expectations were off base. Water is cycling though the system (water feature and return both have decent flow). Although it's not so much on the topic, I was planning on slamming this weekend, and would like to get everything working right/optimized before I start.

20 minutes in and still steady at 2.5...any recommendations?

Wade

There is no normal PSI, but that is pretty low. Do you have a 2 speed pump? If yes, check pressure on high. If no, then you have an efficient plumbing set up. As long as flow is good at the returns you are good.

Looks to be a single speed (Hayward SP3007X10AZ - Model 1081 1.5 HP Motor). Flow looks good to me, and I do like the sound of "efficient"...definitely don't want to fix something that's not broken. Thanks for the reply pooldv!

- - - Updated - - -

Will take a look just to make sure...thanks for the recommendation Chuckiechan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.