Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Self Introduction

1. Back To Top    #1

Southaven, MS

Self Introduction

My name is Richard and I'm an Engineer by day and Pool Boy by night (or maybe late afternoon?)

I've been visiting Pool School regularly for the last week and using the PoolMath calculator to deal with my first pool...

An Intex 18'x4' EzSet pool... It was a couple of weekends of hard work to get the 3 yards of sand moved from the end of my driveway to the pool location and then surrounded by metal edging... I don't want to hurt the pool when I weed eat.

It still needs gravel around it but it's useable now!

Only big complaint is that brand new it has 3 small leaks, mostly drips on seams, I plan to try vinyl cement to seal it up. And I've found that using ANYTHING granulated ends up at the bottom of the pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Self Introduction

Well Richard, let me welcome you to TFP! Sorry to hear about your new pool seam issues. There are some very good after-market repair products on the market, so let us know if you have any questions about that. As for anything granulated on the bottom, I'm guessing you mean chemicals? There really shouldn't be too much of that, so let us know if you have any questions of how to add a specific item. Maybe we can help there too.

Question - What test kit do you have? That's priority #1.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Especially the pool volume info!

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

welcome to TFP
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4
    Longview, Texas

Howdy Richard!

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Lakeland, FL

Hello Richard. Welcome. Enjoy your pool!
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW PA

Hello Richard and welcome!

We all use liquid bleach, Muriatic Acid, Baking Soda and Borax. The latter are pretty dissolvable especially in a bucket of warm water.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter