Sprinklers for Gunite

Ours was shot in Feb in MD and they said don't bother and we didn't.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think JonnyB's option is worth looking into. After messing with my sprinklers to get even coverage. It dawned on me running a soaker house on the entire bond beam would likely deliver the best coverage.

If I had to do it again, think that's what I'd do. Don't know what they cost but I'd definitely look into it.

I personally didn't like the soaker hose when my PB tried to do it because I was going on vacation. We have huge water bills in Austin and the soaker hose was getting as much water outside of the pool making mud as it was getting inside the pool. Plus inside the pool there were significant areas that weren't getting damp. I decided to manually mist it myself and realized it only took 5 minutes each time and my dad didn't mind doing it so I would do that if you could. If you don't have 5 minutes or can't do it in the afternoon then you could do a sprinkler in the middle of the day and only spray in the morning and at night.

Also my PB said to really soak it at night so it is really wet before bed and the water sits longer.

I personally didn't like the soaker hose when my PB tried to do it because I was going on vacation. We have huge water bills in Austin and the soaker hose was getting as much water outside of the pool making mud as it was getting inside the pool. Plus inside the pool there were significant areas that weren't getting damp. I decided to manually mist it myself and realized it only took 5 minutes each time and my dad didn't mind doing it so I would do that if you could. If you don't have 5 minutes or can't do it in the afternoon then you could do a sprinkler in the middle of the day and only spray in the morning and at night.

Also my PB said to really soak it at night so it is really wet before bed and the water sits longer.

Thats funny because my builder insisting on having me hand water it or use an oscillating sprinkler. My pool gunite was done in May with direct Texas sunlight after I was done with one end I could see the other end starting to dry out. After I set up the soaker hose I had the best coverage and knew the gunite was constantly being flooded.

whatever option you choose, just make sure you are watering it many times each day, you don't want curing concrete to dry. it needs water to properly cure and hit its design strength. very important, especially during the first 7 days

I wet my gunite down a couple of times per day for the 1st few days, then I didn't after that. My PB said it was up to me and that I didn't have to water it. Prestige out of Ft Worth did my gunite and when I asked about watering it, they said I could if I wanted. So basically I did it anyways even though they said I didn't have to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.