Foamy bubbles and cloudy...still...

SC83

Jul 23, 2015
SC
FIRST!! Just want to say that every time I Google a question and y'all's forum comes up you are all so incredibly helpful!!! So decided to join!

So it'd be safe to say I don't particularly know what I'm doing. I get the basics for the most part, but I so need your help!!!!

I bought the boys an intex 14x48 'kiddie pool' this summer. First I get the chlorine and PH levels & that's about it.
Right now
chlorine- 2
PH- 7.3

The water has been cloudy for the past few days. I added Algicide because it had rained a ton then chlorine. I also added Water Clarifier too. Still cloudy.

This morning there was this white foamy stuff coming from the hose that puts water back in the pool. Cleaned the filter--which wasn't dirty looking & it seems to have stopped. Any thoughts and advice are so appreciated!!!!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to TFP!
The algaecide you used probably caused the foaming. Do you still have the container for the algaecide? If so it would be good to know what the active ingredients are. Some of them contain copper which causes more problems than it solves. Liquid chlorine will get rid of the algae for you. Do you have a test kit that tests more than FC and pH?

Sorry for the delay! My reply didn't post.

**Clorox green algae eliminator**
Quaternary ammonium compounds, benzyl-C12-16- alkyldimethyl, chlorides 68424-85-1
water 7732-18-5

These foamy bubbles seem to have created this algae looking ring that's really sticky. The water is slowly clearing up tho.

*****And my test kit says it measures pH, chlorine, bromine, alkalinity and acid demand.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.