Green cloudy water six way test says all is good

Jul 23, 2015
Redford
Hi, I have a 6000 Gal. above ground pool by Intex. The pool is filled from city water, and I have the Intex pump. I have stabilized the water put in shock and algicide. Still I have green cloudy water. I have had the filter running close to constantly over the last three days. Any advise would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome. Unfortunately the items you added to your water are inadequate or not even required and can actually cause more problems than good. So here's what you should do:
- Order one of the recommended test kits from TFTestkits.net. Test strips are really junk, and pool store tests are not adequate or reliable.
- When it comes to chemicals, follow this page: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals that's all you need
- Understand this page too: Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
- Cloudy water means you will need to SLAM per Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain but you need the proper test kit first.

For now, don't add anything else to the water except about 1/2 gallon of regular bleach each evening just to keep the "status-quo". When your test kit arrives, we can walk you through the SLAM process with accurate test readings. That's a must though.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way ... let me say again ... welcome to TFP! We're glad to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.