Converting to TFP/BBB with leftover granulated chlorine

Stopped by Rona today to check out the Old Dutch bleach - no % on the label. Customer service pulled up the MSDS for it, which lists it at 0.1%-4.9% of sodium hypochlorite. Not sure what the range means, but evidentially the bleach is no more than 4.9%, which seems pretty weak.

Since my pool loses very little chlorine over time (low bather load, solar cover) even with little to no CYA I have still been using a bit of cal-hypo while I seek the One True Bleach (strong and cheap, like a fine wine).

Of course, now I have added CYA this week I will now have to bump my FC level to accommodate, so I will probably go with the 10% 5L for $5 that Go_Habs_Go pointed out at CT. I also set a sale alert on their site so I'll know if and when it's going on sale.

Thanks Go_Habs_Go, I see the CTs out here have that in stock for $4.99 right now. How often does it go on sale?

Hey DustMagnet, I only started buying it at CT in early July and it went on sale during the last week of July for 3.99$. Someone else told me it had been on sale earlier in the summer. So I'm not sure how often it goes on sale but I'm hoping its once a month (that would be nice :)). When I saw it on sale at the end of July I bought 5 jugs of it and I'm still good for another week or 2. Even at $4.99 I would still buy it since it's cheaper than the corresponding Clorox and it seems to be working well in my pool. My water is crystal clear!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.