Hi I'm Lisa & I'm A New Pool Owner

Jul 22, 2015
Murrieta, CA
Hey Everyone!

I'm so excited to have found this great place! My name is Lisa and we just finished construction on a new pool this last month. I was expecting a complete 4 week school of "how to" from the builder and of course got nothing but a basic cheap test kit, a pile of manuals and a "good luck." No complaints on the construction though so not bashing the builder. But after spending this much $ I feel like I should know how to take care of it and don't want to just hire someone. If a pool guy can do it once a week in 10 minutes, I surely can do it better! So I read all the manuals, bought the TF100 test kit and have been testing pretty often just to get the hang of it all. I am having some minor problems but I know there is probably another place to post those so I'll find it and post there. Just wanted to say "HI" and introduce myself! Can't wait to dive in to all this pool knowledge!

~Lisa

A big welcome aboard Lisa,

Glad you found us, and congrats on taking the best steps. A pool is a big investment, and you are very wise to start off right to take care of it. Just post up your latest numbers and we can help you figure this out. Just getting started or Testing and Balancing would the perfect place.

Hi Lisa!
Welcome to TFP!

if the pool guy's pool school includes any water care, just remember that the industry standard and the TFP way dont exactly match up.
Good luck with your pool and we look forward to answering your questions.

Hi Lisa! Welcome. I see you didn't post again so I'm going to assume you found your answer in our very informative Pool School and fixed your little issue with your TF100. If you have any questions or concerns, we are always here for you.