Bought a $100 tub of "In the Swim" chlorine tabs before finding this forum..

nyvram

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2015
Fairview, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Bought a $100 tub of "In the Swim" chlorine tabs before finding this forum..

i don't want to use them now that it appears liquid chlorine is these most efficient way to go.

any suggestions? should i plan to use them as well or sell on ebay?

i really hate that i spent that money literally 2 days before finding this place :brickwall:

Re: Bought a $100 tub of "In the Swim" chlorine tabs before finding this forum..

Welcome! If you haven't opened them, can you take them back? It you have, you can save them for vacation or opening next spring. Have you ordered a test kit yet?!?!

Re: Bought a $100 tub of "In the Swim" chlorine tabs before finding this forum..

I did the same thing. It's my understanding that the tabs & pucks will last years & years. I believe it's ok to use them if your CYA is low. Stop using when it gets into the proper range.

Tell us about your pool, and please add that info to your signature. You can use them in the future most likely, but without knowing about your pool, I can't say if it might not be better if you should return them.

updated sig. i put photos in my first post and i'm embarrassed i haven't been able to measure the pool for more accuracy.

Ok, and thanks for changing your sig. That's OK, your pool is big enough to save them for future use, and you may be able to use them now,made pending on what's in the water presently.

thanks! ok, i promise to get my act together and have better info soon. :)

I might get scolded on this forum, but there is a place for tabs used along with the TFPC method. They should not be used in a daily application. But if you are gone for a long weekend, or a week, using a tab or two here or there is better than not having any chlorine added while you are away. This especially applies if you are in a location where the pool is seasonal, and you get rain, because you can expect some water replacement/draining due to rain and pool closing. Now for people in LA, or Arizona with 12 months usage and no rain, they need to be more careful.

I look at it this way. If you keep your CYA in line, say at 30, if you add a tab, that will make your CYA go up by 3 (assuming 10K gallons). Is 33 really worse than 33? Plus, if you get hard rain and have to drain out a couple of inches of water, you will get your CYA back to where it started at 30 anyway.

you can keep them and use them for vacations, or bringing CYA back up if it drifts low over the summer like mine does. But, we're talking maybe 6-8 a year. If you'd rather have that chunk of money now, you can return the mega tub and just buy half a dozen individually wrapped to keep on hand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.