CH reagent R-0011L droplet size?

oldguy70

Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Glendale, AZ
Anyone notice that the reagent R-0011L drop size smaller than all the others?

I don't know if it is my eyes or whatever, but doing the CH test, the reagent R0011L blue drop sure appears smaller than any other tests. Maybe the chemical makeup of the liquid gives that appearance, maybe it is just me.

I have changed different tips, changed using 3 different bottles, wiped between drops, still the droplet each and every time appears smaller than all other tests. My tests are consistent, it is just the drop size I question.

I think it's the viscosity of the liquid, and that it somehow creates that illusion. I'm not wild about this indicator, and use a good deal more than the instructions call for. Unless a dropper tip is calibrated, the drop sizes won't really vary much as far as I know.

I think it's the viscosity of the liquid, and that it somehow creates that illusion. I'm not wild about this indicator, and use a good deal more than the instructions call for. Unless a dropper tip is calibrated, the drop sizes won't really vary much as far as I know.

Your insight makes sense to me, it appears as the drop forms its weight releases earlier than the clear liquid reagents and maybe the droplet size is smaller.

I believe all the tips are the same for all reagents, as I have ordered replacements and Taylor only shows the one number.

I believe that is correct. That said, I work in an industry where we use basically the same, but other drop tests for a number of things and many of those have calibrated tips, or droppers. Often, the tips are concave, but not always.

I believe that is correct. That said, I work in an industry where we use basically the same, but other drop tests for a number of things and many of those have calibrated tips, or droppers. Often, the tips are concave, but not always.

Thanks for your info...at this point I will not worry, likely droplet size on this test has been factored in by Taylor and correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.