Test kits in Canada?

Jul 7, 2014
kamloops bc
Okay!! so I'm wondering if anyone has figured out an easy way to get a TF-100 kit in Canada?? i've seen it talked about on here but it was peeps living in southern Ontario, close to the border, who were going across to get it? The only thing I can find locally is Taylor 2005, for about $200 cdn :>((
and does anyone know the difference between K2005 and K2006 kits ?

so who makes the tf100 kit?? it does not come up on ebay, amazon etc. ???

Dave S. (@duraleigh) is the owner of TFP and TFTestKits.net. He is the one that sells the TF kits and other assorted pool goodies. The TF test kits can not be sold outside the US. Your only source of a K-2006 in Canada is from Lowry & Associates as they have an exclusive distribution agreement with Taylor Technologies.

However we should also point-out that the TF-100 is made-up of Taylor reagents and products, simply packaged differently and under the TF-100 brand. In actuality, you receive MORE reagents with the TF-100 than with the original Taylor K-2006. Just sayin'.. :)

Remember, this isn't a legal situation as a civil situation. You probably wouldn't do time for bringing a bunch in (though you may get hit for not paying Canadian taxes on it) but Lowry could take you to court. So the person bringing the kits in would get sued and then if Lowry took their complaint to Taylor then they could cut ties with Dave, thus depriving the rest of us of the TF-100.

But Shockman, if you want to go in to the bootleg TF-100 business I won't stop you. If you need a runner car while you bring your tractor trailer of TF-100s across the border I can get a Trans Am and start growing my mustache out.

Remember, this isn't a legal situation as a civil situation. You probably wouldn't do time for bringing a bunch in (though you may get hit for not paying Canadian taxes on it) but Lowry could take you to court. So the person bringing the kits in would get sued and then if Lowry took their complaint to Taylor then they could cut ties with Dave, thus depriving the rest of us of the TF-100.

But Shockman, if you want to go in to the bootleg TF-100 business I won't stop you. If you need a runner car while you bring your tractor trailer of TF-100s across the border I can get a Trans Am and start growing my mustache out.

Could maybe be the start of a new NASCAR type racing :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.